How to Increase Organic Traffic
It's almost impossible to make a profit as an e-commerce business unless you're generating organic traffic. If you're not getting traffic from search engines, then how are people finding your products? This article will give tips and tricks to increase your site's organic traffic.
Choose your keywords
You can use Google Keyword Planner to find the volume and competition of keywords. You can also check out other keyword tools like Moz's free keyword tool, which is a bit more advanced than Google's but still easy to use.
When choosing your keywords, you want to look for ones with low search volume and high competition (low KC). This ensures that when you rank for these terms, it will be much easier for people to find your website since fewer sites will compete with yours for the number one spot on the search engines.
On the flip side, when it comes to choosing high KC keywords (those with a larger number of searches), don't just focus on those terms that have lots of traffic; also focus on those terms where there isn't much competition between websites trying to rank at the top of Google/Bing/Yahoo!
Improve your content's readability
- Use a conversational tone.
- Write short sentences.
- Use bullet points, lists and subheadings to break up the text.
- Capitalize the first letter of each new sentence; this is called a "sentence case." It's also acceptable to capitalize all words except articles (a, an, the) and prepositions (to, up). Use italics or bold instead of underlining text with a ruler when you want to emphasize keywords or phrases in your content; this makes it easier for readers to skim through your writing quickly without getting distracted by extra white space around certain words and phrases that don't need special attention at this time. If you use underlines on certain words or phrases in your content, consider using different colours as well—for example, blue for hyperlinks, red for warnings, green for positive messages etc.
Use internal links
Another way to increase organic traffic is by using internal links. Internal links are the links you create within your own website, either from one page to another or from an anchor text link to an internal webpage.
You can use internal links in a couple of ways:
- To help search engines understand your content
- To help people navigate your site
- To increase the number of links to a page or website
Internal links are critical to the success of your site. They help search engines understand your website's content, help people navigate it, and increase the number of links that point to any given page or website. These three are important for getting higher rankings in search results.
Work on improving your dwell time.
Dwell time is the amount of time that users spend on your site. It's a good metric to use if you want to see how engaged users are with your site.
Google Analytics can help you measure dwell time by tracking how long users stay on each page, which pages they visit and for how long. You can also track user engagement through event tracking in Google Analytics, allowing you to know more about the actions people take while browsing your site. When it comes to increasing dwell time, improving the user experience is key: make sure there are no broken links or errors on any page and ensure that all important information is easy to find.
Focus on great user experience
One of the most important factors in increasing organic traffic is user experience. You must focus on SEO and UX (user experience) to improve your SEO.
A good user experience will increase your bounce rate and time on site but also help increase your organic traffic by improving the quality of content visitors consume.
Let Google See You are an Authoritative Site
When building a reputation as an expert, you should be linking to authority sites in your niche. This will not only help Google recognize you as an authoritative site, but it will also allow you to build relationships with other people in your industry who have been around for a while. If they are willing to link to your content, it may increase the chance they will share it on their own channels. These links are great for SEO purposes and help drive traffic back to your site, which can lead to more conversions down the road!
To do this effectively:
- Link out from high-quality content on your own website (or even better yet - create guest posts for other authoritative websites).
- Leave helpful comments on authoritative sites within your niche that relate directly to what's being discussed on their site (this sends clear signals about what type of value proposition you offer).
- Ensure that all links point back towards relevant pages (for example, if someone clicks through from Facebook, then don't send them straight away onto Twitter or Pinterest!).
Organic traffic is one of the best ways to increase traffic, but many different factors can influence how much you get.
Organic traffic is one of the best ways to increase traffic, but many different factors can influence how much you get. Some of these include:
- The number of keywords you rank for in Google
- The number of backlinks pointing to your site (the more, the better)
- Your website's load speed (the faster it loads, the more likely people will stick around)
The takeaway from this article is that there are many practices you can use to improve your organic traffic. The most important thing is to choose the right keywords and take care of your content so that it's readable and engaging for readers. You should also focus on improving dwell time by providing a good user experience and making sure Google sees that your site is authoritative enough to rank well organically.
More Awesome Reads:
Tips and Tricks on How To Achieve a Winning Entrepreneurs Mindset
Successful Entrepreneurs have one thing in common: they all have an unstoppable desire to achieve their goals. There are many things successful entrepreneurs do that help them achieve their goals, but the main factor is the way they think.